Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday Mantra

Happy 2016 everyone!
I decided to take some time away from the old blog to just be in the world and enjoy. And now I'm back with the first Monday mantra of the new year. Usually around the new year, I get all excited about the new possibilities. It feels good to shed an old year and jump into a new one. I set goals for myself. I reflect on the old year and how I can continue to move along the path. And then something terrible happens. About a week into the new year I start to get blue. I start to look around me and see that not much has changed. I start to slip in the commitments that I've made for myself. I start to feel like maybe this new year is as full of potential as I thought. If any of you know what that feels like, then this mantra is for you. Here it is:

Everything is okay

That's it. Short, sweet, and to the point. 
I have had this mantra on repeat in my head since the 2016 came a'knockin'. It has helped me to keep my expectations of the new year in check. It has helped me to shake the blues around those expectations. And, most importantly, it has reminded me that everything really is okay. I have all of my needs met. I have people who love me. That is enough and it is good.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment